It’s been a great year for Marist PRSSA! We had a range of speakers and events and hosted our first regional conference that gave our membership an inside look at the public relations industry. Check out the recap of events below.
- Our student-run firm North Road Communications represented its client the Beacon Independent Film Festival in early September.
- Al Golin spoke to members about ethics in the public relations field and his notable “Trust Bank” concept. The news was published on PRSSA’s Website!
- We hosted a workshop with Critical Mention, giving members an inside look at the media monitoring software.
- Regional Conference Coordinator Katie Pecorelli attended National Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Marist PRSSA received a Star Chapter award at National Conference for its work during the 2013-2014 school year.
- esPResso Volume 6 Issue 1 was published with the newsletter’s redesign.
- Alexa Greenberg, vice president of MSO PR, skyped the membership to speak about the entertainment and music public relations industries.
- Steven Andersen, vice president of Infinite Spada, spoke to members about the difference between B2B and B2C public relations, as well as the legal services sector.
- We held our annual holiday social with fun games and a great video recap of the semester.
- esPResso Volume 6 Issue 2 was published, which would be the final print edition of the newsletter.
- We won our second national award! We won the Pacesetter Award for PRSA/PRSSA National Ethics Month in September following our Skype session with Al Golin.
- We launched the new esPResso Blog!
- Vice President of Communications at Thomson Reuters, Jack Goodman, spoke to members during an intimate lunch meet and greet.
- We hosted our first regional conference, Developing a Well-Rounded Professional. Check out Regional Conference Coordinator Katie Pecorelli’s recap of events.
- esPResso committee members had the opportunity to sit down with alumni to talk about their experiences in the public relations industry. Check out our features on Justin Meise, Kelsey Donohue and Mike McHale. Meise and Donohue were panel members during the regional conference.
- Alumni Jason Farago, who is the head of Insurance & Institutional Client Marketing at Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management, spoke to members during an informational lunch session.
- Fifteen of our members traveled to New York City to visit two public relations agencies. We had the pleasure of spending time at 5WPR and Taylor Strategy.
- We elected our new executive board for the 2015-2016 school year. Good luck next year everyone!
- Guest speaker Chris Gillick, who is a media and content specialist at Peppercomm, took time to speak to members about Peppercomm’s unique company culture and the financial services industry.
- In our last guest speaker event of the semester, Scott Tillitt of the Anecdote Collective gave the membership insight into the non-profit sector of public relations.
- We held our induction ceremony for members on May 6 in the historic Cornell Boathouse at Marist. Faculty Adviser Jennie Donohue also presented seniors with their graduation cords.
Thank you for a great year everyone! We hope to continuing providing great experiences to help you develop your public relations skills throughout your time at Marist.